[ESS] Run roxygen examples: how now?

Alex Branham @|ex@br@nh@m @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 4 16:22:06 CET 2019

> In my init file I have S-RET as the replacement for C-RET, but I've tested
> this both ways and get same behavior.  After removing the init file, when I
> do C-RET, then the one line I'm on will run, but the focus jumps over the
> rest of the example code lines and stops at the first line of code that is
> not commented.  This happens whether an R file is edited in a package in
> developer mode or if the file is in a separate directory.

Can you try with the latest ESS version (i.e. get it from MELPA rather
than use 18.10)?[1]

If that still doesn't work, you might have to do a bit of
troubleshooting to find the issue since it's working for me. Here's a
list of things to look at:

- make sure ess-roxy-mode is on
- make sure ess-roxy-remove-roxy-re is in ess-presend-filter-functions
- make sure ess-roxy-re looks like it matches roxy comments

> If nobody else sees this, then I guess it has to be something peculiar
> about Ubuntu's Emacs 25.2.2 ??

I guess that's possible, but it seems pretty unlikely.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://melpa.org/#/getting-started