[ESS] error in process sentinel: Not enough arguments for format string

Alex Branham @|ex@br@nh@m @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Dec 15 19:38:24 CET 2019

On Wed 11 Dec 2019 at 09:31, Marius Hofert via ESS-help <ess-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> Before disabling flymake mode completely (not sure if (setq
> flymake-start-on-flymake-mode nil) would be correct...), I thought
> I'll ask to a) express that the problem still exists

Thanks for letting us know.

> and b) perhaps learn how to properly tell ESS to avoid flymake mode

(setq ess-use-flymake nil)

> or to deal with the problem otherwise.

Would be helpful to catch it with the debugger turned on (e.g. M-x
toggle-debug-on-error) and post the contents of the backtrace buffer.

Thanks,
Alex