[ESS] Fwd: Default for ess-roxy-str

Kevin Wright kw@@t@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 25 19:00:13 CEST 2018

Digging more, I found this in ess-r-mode.el

(defun ess-calculate-indent--comments ()
  (when ess-indent-with-fancy-comments
    (cond
     ;; ### or #!
     ((or (looking-at "###")
          (and (looking-at "#!")
               (= 1 (line-number-at-pos))))
      0)
     ;; Single # comment
     ((looking-at "#[^#']")
      comment-column))))

That last "looking-at" does not treat "#'" as a "Single # comment".  I
verified this by enabling fancy comments and auto-indenting this code:

                                        # one hash
## two hash
### three hash
#' rox one hash
##' rox two hash

Note the line with one hash is indented, but not the roxygen one-hash line.

So I think Alex is right, that this is historical and it would now be safe
to set ess-roxy-str default to #'

Kevin

--
Kevin Wright