[ESS] Error starting R

Neil Shephard n@heph@rd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 4 10:16:16 CEST 2018

Thanks for the suggestions.  I do already version control some files under
~/.emacs.d (and many other ~/.* files as I'm trying to organise a dotfiles
repo for myself) such as init.el and a sub-dir 'settings' which holds
multiple files that are loaded from init.el.  I opted to explicitly ignore
~/.emacs.d/elpa though as it felt like extra work to git add/commit each
time MELPA updated things.  I'll look into straight.el and borg though to
see what they're like.

Thanks again for your help trouble-shooting this.

Neil
--
*Natural selection is a mechanism for generating an exceedingly high **degree
of improbability.* - R.A. Fisher

*Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge* - Charles
Darwin

PGP Public : https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x0E7ECE9C10D7B4A0

Website - http://kimura.no-ip.info/