[ESS] Sweave with ESS and AUCTeX

Sparapani, Rodney rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Jan 19 17:34:54 CET 2018

Hi Kasper:

I was trying to avoid adding jss.cls to texmf on every single machine that
I use, which are several, since R already has it anyways.  It would be great
if ESS’ AUCTeX support did the right thing out of the box.  Of course, you can
tell AUCTeX how to compile Rnw with Sweave…

(eval-after-load "tex"
  '(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
                        '("Sweave" "R CMD Sweave %s" TeX-run-command t t :help "Sweave") t))

(eval-after-load "tex"
  '(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
                        '("SweavePDF" "R CMD Sweave --pdf %s" TeX-run-command t t :help "SweavePDF") t))

But, then viewing doesn’t work, because it looks for computing.Rnw.pdf instead of
computing.pdf.  So, I think the best way forward is to make ESS’ setting
ess-swv-plug-into-AUCTeX-p work with AUCTeX (I’m using v12.1).  Not sure how to
do that yet.

Thanks,

Rodney