[ESS] crayon package with ESS?

Kevin Wright kw@@t@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 14 21:42:24 CEST 2017

Update.

The crayon package in R uses ANSI color codes sent to the terminal. The
regular color codes are 30-37. For example, 31 is red, which you can see
like this:
R> red("this is red")
[1] "\033[31mthis is red\033[39m"

The pillar package is using silver (really gray, but called silver to avoid
a name clash) to print place-holding zeros that are not really of
interest.  But silver/gray is not part of the 8 ANSI base colors stored
in ansi-color-names-vector.  Instead, silver() uses code 90, which is a
part of the high-intensity colors.
R> silver("silver")
[1] "\033[90msilver\033[39m"

But the high-intensity colors are not supported by ansi-color.el, at least
by default.  Someone has created a fix for this by extending the colors.
See
https://oleksandrmanzyuk.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/better-emacs-shell-part-ii/

I have not tried this to see if it works.

Kevin Wright

--
Kevin Wright