[ESS] Ever consider changing indentation on #?

Lionel Henry lionel.hry at gmail.com
Mon May 8 11:12:19 CEST 2017

> On 8 mai 2017, at 11:01, Stephen Eglen <sje30 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> That's not a style from the parser but from the printer, e.g. the third letter
>> of REPL rather than the first.
>>
>> Unlike gofmt, the R printer has been designed to print rather than format.
>
> thanks for the clarification.  But is it the closest we've got to a
> formatting tool in R?

Maybe, but it isn't a standalone tool and isn't designed to format.
We need a configurable formatter (just like R linters are configurable)
because we have multiple standard styles. Unlike Go, R hasn't
enforced a style from the beginning. Perhaps linters could be turned
into formatters easily?

Lionel