[ESS] Ever consider changing indentation on #?

Sparapani, Rodney rsparapa at mcw.edu
Sat May 6 18:21:36 CEST 2017

Hi Gang:

Working with S/S+/R comments has always been frustrating for me.  Why no block comment
like /* */ in C?  And I am always fighting with the indentation of code from non-Emacs users
which appear to be the majority.  It would be nice if we could easily toggle back and forth.  Or
better yet, could this be auto-detected?  Then the user could be prompted if they want to
over-ride the file local setting with their preference:  something like ‘this-time, ‘always, ‘never.
The closest feature that I can think of in Emacs is encoding/end-of-line detection which can be
toggled, but more interactive (unless the last choice was ‘never).

Thanks,

Rodney