[ESS] problem starting help in ESS

William McCoy wdmccoy at geo.umass.edu
Wed Dec 13 23:57:13 CET 2017

Today I removed the Fedora ESS packages from both of the computers on
which I have been having trouble.  I installed ESS 17.11 from Melpa on
both of them.  I used Melpa just because I had some other packages from
there that I have been using with my Emacs installations and it would be
easy to add ESS to that list.  So anyway my problem goes away on both
computers with this new setup.

I'm still not sure what was wrong before.  I saw no bugs at all reported
on the Fedora bugzilla site regarding their ESS package for Fedora 27.
If I get time tomorrow I will report the problem to bugzilla.

Thanks a lot to Rodney for his help.  Now I can get to work!

--
William D. McCoy
Geosciences