[ESS] starting directory not detected correctly anymore

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:21:05 CET 2017

I was running the dev version of ESS in Melpa. I cleared that out.

With Ubuntu Emacs 24.5, I still see the trouble. However, problem
disappeared with Emacs 25.1, which I notice is now available in the
standard Ubuntu repository. Rodney S wrote and said he did not see
problem in RedHat with Emacs 25.2, that's why I tried that.

I have tested this repeatedly with emacs25 and all is good.  With
emacs24, however, same problem exists.

For me, problem is solved by updating Emacs, but if you want some
debug info, point me at directions to get you what you need and I will
do that.

pj

Paul E. Johnson   http://pj.freefaculty.org
Director, Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis http://crmda.ku.edu