[ESS] ess-dump-object-into-edit-buffer dumps only part of the object

p_connolly p_connolly at slingshot.co.nz
Wed Apr 19 00:35:16 CEST 2017

For many years I've used ess-dump-object-into-edit-buffer to edit
functions and assign it to the F4 key.  I updated the definition from
C-c C-d which has since been superseded to C-x C-c C-d (IIRC -- I use
the function name instead).

Now it works properly only if the object is in the global environment.
Otherwise, I get only the first few lines, so to get the rest of the
text I need to list the function and pasting it into the edit buffer.
Not a huge task but unsatisfactory for a lazy typist.

I can't find any documentation that describes that change.  Has that
changed again since ess-16.04?

TIA
Patrick