[ESS] Interacting with a remote SAS session

Sparapani, Rodney rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Oct 19 16:01:43 CEST 2016

Hi!

I have the same problem with ESS 16.04 and I am creating an issue on github.
It looks like the bug is coming from ess-remote.  Doing a backtrace, I see…
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  get-process(nil)
  ess-process-put(funargs-cache #s(hash-table size 65 test equal rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8 data ( ...)))
  ess-remote()
  call-interactively(ess-remote record nil)
  command-execute(ess-remote record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "ess-remote")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Rodney