[ESS] ESS on an odd setup

Stephen Eglen @je30 @end|ng |rom c@m@@c@uk
Fri Nov 4 20:22:27 CET 2016

Would something like the following work?

Somewhere in your local path add a short bash script called "R-3.2-mine"
containing

#!/bin/sh
module load R

then restart Emacs and hopefully M-x R-3.2-mine will work (as should M-x
R-newest).  You must name your script so that it matches something in
the variable list `ess-r-versions':
ess-r-versions is a variable defined in ‘ess-r-d.el’.
Its value is ("R-1" "R-2" "R-3" "R-devel" "R-patched" "R32" "R64")

Documentation:
List of partial strings for versions of R to access within ESS.
Each string specifies the start of a filename.  If a filename
beginning with one of these strings is found on ‘exec-path’, a M-x
command for that version of R is made available.  For example, if the
file "R-1.8.1" is found and this variable includes the string
"R-1", a function called ‘M-x R-1.8.1’ will be available to run that
version of R.
If duplicate versions of the same program are found (which happens if
the same path is listed on ‘exec-path’ more than once), they are
ignored by calling ‘ess-uniq-list’.
Set this variable to nil to disable searching for other versions of R.
If you set this variable, you need to restart Emacs (and set this variable
before ess-site is loaded) for it to take effect.

Stephen