[ESS] R_LIBS_USER Setting

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at me.com
Tue May 17 22:44:19 CEST 2016

I set R_LIBS_USER in the ~/.Renviron file. This works flawlessly with ESS and I guess Rgui and RStudio should honour this setting too.

The problem I've seen in RStudio on Windows is if the user's home folder (~/) contains non-ascii (e.g. accented) letters, then the path name gets mangled and you get stuck in a catch-22 where it's impossible to install a package.

HTH

v.