[ESS] \delta for julia?

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Sun May 15 01:19:50 CEST 2016

The company math symbols now work except in julia buffers.  I think the problem is that ESS inserted another backend and that is taking priority.  I guess I could try loading the company backend with the math symbols via a hook, but will the break some of ESS's functionality?

Currently my .emacs includes

(package-initialize) ;; otherwise company-backends undefined
(global-company-mode t)
(add-to-list 'company-backends 'company-math-symbols-unicode)

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/unicode-math-input")
(require 'unicode-math-input)

In my .jl buffer company-backends begins with
company-ess-julia-objects company-math-symbols-unicode company-bbdb .....