[ESS] no syntax highlighting/colors for text between quotes in iESS

Lionel Henry ||one|@hry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 12 08:49:18 CEST 2016

> On 12 juil. 2016, at 00:52, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <rdiaz02 using gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Sorry if I was not clear: I am not referring to outputs, but to
> inputs. Something like
>
> plot(x, y, log = "x")
>
> or
>
> setwd("~/some_path")
>
> or any other input that is quoted.

Ah yes, I agree that's an unwanted side effect.

Optimally I'd like the inferior buffers to be clearly split into input
and output regions. The output would not be fontified but would have a
(configurable) dimmed background. The input region would be fontified
as usual. Unfortunately I think that requires some internal changes to
comint and so would need to be discussed with Emacs core folks.

Lionel