[ESS] cannot add bindings to a locked environment

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 25 19:22:36 CEST 2016

I'm not sure what you mean by "eval from out of  package file", which sounds like one of the things I already tried.  But I tried this alternate sequence, which perhaps is what you were thinking of:
> library(LazarSim)
 > # C-c C-l here
 [1] "test"
 [1] "shortName"
 [1] "shortName"
 [1] "test"
 Sourced file /home/ross/Lazar/Test.R  # outside of the package hierarchy
 > sb <- StandBonf(alpha=0.1)
 > class(sb)
 [1] "StandBonf"
 attr(,"package")
 [1] ".GlobalEnv"
!> shortName(sb)
 [1] "StandBonf"

So everything's OK when I do it that way.
Ross

P.S. Sorry to all about the top posting; my mail client doesn't give me much choice.