[ESS] M-n s is undefined

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:17:33 CEST 2016

>> On Fri, Jul 01 2016 13:51, Christopher W Ryan wrote:

> The documentation for how polymode works in ESS seems a bit thin and
> scattered.

That's partially because polymode is officially not part of ESS (only part of
Vincent's distribution). Partially it's because there is not much to it, 2 keys
to weave and export and 2 keys to select weaver and exporter. Often, as with
Rmarkdown, you need to use only the export key. If you know how to use Rmarkdown
then it should be immediately apparent what it does and what are those questions
asked on M-n e. It's a thin layer over Rmarkdown. So please don't ask me to
clarify that part.

I am fully aware that UI part is still incomplete and configuration docs are
missing but UI was never a priority. polymode's intent is to be a generic multi
mode engine and the weaver/exporter/evaluation thingy is one big bonus.

That being said, I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel because the
core part of polymode is approaching stable state. The weaving/exporting part
will go into a separate specialized package. Once that's done I will make a
screen cast and detailed instructions of how to configure all stuff together.

Unfortunately integration with ESS is a tricky part. I am not sure yet how to
properly integrate it and preserve backward compatibility of the current UI.

 Vitalie