[ESS] remote R via ssh - customizing the command used to start R

Chris Wallace chr|@@w@||@ce @end|ng |rom c|mr@c@m@@c@uk
Tue Jan 5 07:30:39 CET 2016

Dear Stephen,

I confirm that

(defun RserverB ()
         "Run R on serverB using the R.magic script"
         (interactive)
         (let ((inferior-R-program-name "/home/USER/bin/R.magic")
     	 (ess-directory "/ssh:USER using serverB:~/"))
           (R)))

works without altering inferior-R-program-name outside the function.  In
fact, this construct is so much easier than typing the
/ssh:USER using sarver:~/ each time to connect to a specific server, I have
now defined RserverA(), RserverC() even for servers which don't require
the R.magic!

Thank you,

Chris