[ESS] Terminating ESS/R session question

James W. MacDonald jm@cdon @end|ng |rom uw@edu
Mon Feb 8 20:06:24 CET 2016

The default site-start.el has this section:

;;;
;;; ESS
;;;
;; Following the "source is real" philosophy put forward by ESS, one
;; should not need the command history and should not save the
;; workspace at the end of an R session. Hence, both options are
;; disabled here.
(setq-default inferior-R-args "--no-save ")

Which you can comment to require R to ask the question.

Best,

Jim