[ESS] Interaction with Sweave, knitr, pandoc, polymode et al.

Tamas Papp tkp@pp @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 4 08:31:47 CEST 2016

Hi Vincent,

Sidestepping the issues you mention, I find org-mode (with org-babel)
perfectly fine for producing PDF, LaTeX, and HTML files for my
workflow. I write code snippets surrounded by text and equations, run
them individually when working on the project, then compile the whole
file when done. If you want both PDF and HTML, use SVG for graphs,
otherwise PDF is fine. C-c ' in org-mode will open your code in an ESS
buffer, and you can work on it as usual.

See the many tutorials at, for example,
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/category/org-mode/

Best,

Tamas