[ESS] Interactive SAS mode hangs

Sparapani, Rodney r@p@r@p@ @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Fri Sep 25 23:35:00 CEST 2015

> Ahhh. /usr/sbin/getenforce returned "Enforcing". Is this likely to affect how ESS works?

I think it could.  I know I had some trouble installing a printer
driver when SE Linux was "Enforcing".  I just turned it off because,
otherwise, it is just one more thing to worry about when you are
trying to debug something.  So, try turning it off and see if that
helps.  See the selinux man page.

I turned mine off by editing the file /etc/selinux/config as follows...

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#     enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#     permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#     disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
#     targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
#     minimum - Modification of targeted policy. Only selected processes are protected.
#     mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted