[ESS] Interactive SAS mode hangs

Erin Jonaitis jonaitis at fstrf-wi.org
Wed Sep 30 20:48:11 CEST 2015

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! But selfishly I am glad there is finally a rabbit at the bottom of this hole.

I've subscribed to the page on Github and will be excited for news of a fix, when someone in the community is able to contribute one. (Lisp is well outside my toolbox, so that someone will not be me, alas.) I know (or suspect anyway) that developing FOS software is often something done in one's spare time, and I appreciate the time you've already sunk into this problem.

In the meantime, we will use a workaround. If the workaround stops sufficing before there is a fix, would you expect 14.09 to be stable on RedHat 7 and Emacs 24.3.1? I don't have a clear sense of either release dates or how these pieces interact.

Erin