[ESS] Indenting of R code & Emacs versions

Sparapani, Rodney r@p@r@p@ @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Mon Oct 12 15:23:47 CEST 2015

> |> The manual says both 23.x and 24.x are supported...
>
> In that case, in my search for a solution, there's no point my getting
> 24.x installed.  I get the error message when I use 23.1:
>
> Error during redisplay: (error Autoloading failed to define function compilation--ensure-parse) [3
> times].

Well, TFM is technically correct.  But, as you can see, the level of
"support" of 23.x is somewhat less.  23.x was fine for its time, but I
find 24.x to be less buggy and I don't recommend 23.x (and I said
earlier, I don't recommend 24.1 or 24.2 either; stick with 24.3 or
higher).  Furthermore, I can say that I did absolutely no testing of
ESS 15.09 with 23.x, but I did a lot of testing with 24.x.  You will
have a much better chance of getting this to work with 24.x IMHO.