[ESS] Wonderful improvement Roxygen in new ESS

Lionel Henry lionel.hry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:50:53 CET 2015

Thanks Paul.

We've also worked on making M-q work with function calls and
what we call continuations (expressions separated by operators).

By the way, if you want semantic paragraphing in Roxygen blocks,
you can add this to your ESS hook:

(setq paragraph-start (concat "\\(" ess-roxy-re "\\(" paragraph-start

This will make M-q and 'mark-paragraph work within the boundaries
of the current field. I find this more predictable, and it helps
when you're contributing to someone else's package and don't want
to reformat the whole roxy block, which causes commit noise.

Lionel