[ESS] knitr and ESS

ottorino ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it
Sun Oct 11 18:09:45 CEST 2015

Il 11/10/2015 16:59, Vitalie Spinu ha scritto:
> Could you provide the full backtrace (M-x toggle-debug-on-error). Maybe I can
> figure it out from there.
With git version, no polymode dir under ~/.emacs.d/elpa with knitR-ESS
enabled and toggle-debug-on-error enabled, the *backtrace* buffer do not
appear and this is what is written in *Messages* buffer

Debug on Error enabled globally
Weaving 'AnalisiReport.Rmd' with 'knitR-ESS' weaver ...
Type C-h m for help on ESS version 13.09-1
ess-tracebug mode enabled
using process '*R*'
Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (proc name) (let ((wfile
(pm--ESS-callback proc name))) (pm--display-file wfile) wfile)), 1

without quitting emacs session and after pressing

M-n W + tab to change from knitR-ESS to knitR

the *Backtrace* opens up and reports the following

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
   intern(nil)
   (let* ((weavers (pm--abrev-names (delete-dups (pm--oref-with-parents
pm/polymode :weavers)) "pm-weaver/")) (sel (ido-completing-read "No
default weaver. Choose one: " weavers nil t nil (quote pm--weaver-hist)
(car pm--weaver-hist))) (out (intern (get-text-property 0 :orig sel))))
(eieio-oset pm/polymode (quote :weaver) out) out)
   polymode-set-weaver()
   call-interactively(polymode-set-weaver nil nil)

 From the terminal, everything is still working. (just to self-reassure
me that I did not make some typo or mistake in the .Rmd.file !)
>>> On Sun, Oct 11 2015 14:21, ottorino wrote:
>> It seems that the functions were loaded from .emacs.d/elpa/polymode...
> There might be multiple versions of polymode in elpa dir ... and sometimes emacs
> doesn't pick the most recent one. You need to delete all from there manually. I
> would not trust emacs package manager for that.
I see.
Nevertheless when before I tried the git version, no polymode dir was
present under my local ~home/.../.emacs.d/elpa/
>> (setq load-path
>>        (append '("/home/ottorino/Documenti/BitBucket/polymode/"
>> "/home/ottorino/Documenti/BitBucket/polymode/modes")
>>                load-path))
>> (require 'poly-R)
>> (require 'poly-markdown)
>> 3) retry the knitting the file to html output
> You cannot knit into html. .Rmd will be knitted into .md then you can export
> into html.
Clear