[ESS] Indenting of R code, particularly dplyr code.

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:27:43 CEST 2015

ESS moved from 2 to 4 spaces some years back. Indentation was completely
rewritten in 15.09 and you probably should be just fine by setting default
styles. They all were carefully designed.

So, with 15.09 either

 (setq ess-default-style 'RStudio)

or

 (setq ess-indent-offset 2)

or play with more refined customization variables as Lionel suggested and as
described in `ess-style-alist`.

In all cases you will get straight indentation:

  neofabLast.df %>%
    arrange(tree, treatment) %>%
    group_by(treatment, tree) %>%
    summarise(No = mean(no), Diam = mean(diam))

For the cascading style set ess-offset-continued to 'cascade.

  Vitalie