[ESS] distinguish busy from non-busy waiting

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Nov 26 15:30:34 CET 2015

Hi Vitalie,

Thanks for following up on this!

> Your definition means busy means that CPU resources are used.

Well, yes and no.  I am using this (manually by looking at 'top').  But
I think this is only a surrogate for whether the prompt is still 'waiting'
for input or not.

> I think this is
> doable (on linux,mac at least). You can monitor PID of R's process for CPU usage
> periodically.

So, you are basically suggesting that emacs should look at top for me,
right?  That would be possible, I guess.  But still, that might give
wrong answers if R has to wait for I/O a lot, for instance.

Best,
Andreas