[ESS] Interactive SAS mode hangs

Erin Jonaitis jonaitis at fstrf-wi.org
Wed Nov 11 17:53:47 CET 2015

Hi Rodney et al.,

We have this installed now, and to my chagrin, I still see some hanging behavior, with slight differences from previously.

This is the test code I am trying to run (please take it for granted that sasdata has been defined and sasdata.deaths exists):

proc contents data=sasdata.deaths order=varnum;
run;
;
proc univariate data=sasdata.deaths;
    var sdays;
run;

When I am in M-x SAS mode this is what I see:
- Putting the cursor on the "proc contents" statement and hitting C-c C-p, it hangs (hitting C-g will get me out)
- If I then put the cursor on the "run" statement and hit C-c C-p, it hangs again, but after hitting C-g, proc contents will run
- Selecting the whole code and hitting C-c C-c, it hangs
- If I then hit C-g, proc contents will run, but not proc univariate.

Below is my entire .emacs file, in case it helps:
;; .emacs

(custom-set-variables
 ;; uncomment to always end a file with a newline
 ;'(require-final-newline t)
 ;; uncomment to disable loading of "default.el" at startup
 ;'(inhibit-default-init t)
 ;; default to unified diffs
 '(diff-switches "-u"))

;;; uncomment for CJK utf-8 support for non-Asian users
;; (require 'un-define)
(load "/opt/ess-15.09-1/lisp/ess-site.el")

More grist for the mill...
Erin