[ESS] starting Stata process

Dale Steele dale.w.steele at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:07:58 CEST 2015

The function you need is "M-x stata"  (lower case; there is M-x
Stata-mode).

Does that work?  --> "M-x stata" produces  "[no match]"
Same result running emacs after removing all entries in .emacs

To check emacs can find it, try
M-x shell

and then try to run stata within that shell:

$ stata

--> Yes, I can run stata within shell evoked by M-x shell

Appreciate the responses.  --Dale