[ESS] ess-execute-screen-options and scaled text

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:20:07 CEST 2015

It's an annoyance, indeed. I have even reported an emacs bug because of
that:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2015-03/msg00280.html

The problem is that there is no way to precisely compute window width in
characters. It's more of a conceptual problem. Character heigh/width is
commonly variable on emacs displays. So emacs's window-width computes
the number of "default characters" per line which don't change on
scaling.

Anyways, I just added a workaround which works well in my tests.

  Vitalie