[ESS] setMethod indentation

Kevin Coombes kevin.r.coombes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:42:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

At some point, the default behavior for indenting anonymous functions
seems to have changed, and I'd like to know what variable I have to set
in order to change it back to the old default. I notice the behavior in
various *apply functions or when is use setMethod with S4 classes. To
explain what I mean, here is the *old* (and in my opinion still desired)
behavior:

setMethod("summary", c("Prior"), function(object, ...) {
   cat("Prior: ", object at cn,"\n")
   print(object at vt)
})

And here is the new behavior:

setMethod("summary", c("Prior"), function(object, ...) {
             cat("Prior: ", object at cn,"\n")
             print(object at vt)
           })

And yes, I know that putting the opening brace on  a separate line can
get this behavior:

setMethod("summary", c("Prior"), function(object, ...)
   {
     cat("Prior: ", object at cn,"\n")
     print(object at vt)
   })

but I don't like that either. (And I really, really, really hope that
asking this question doesn't deteriorate into a discussion of the
one-true-way to format code in languages with braces.  I'm the only
person who has to maintain this code, and I wants it how I wants it.)

Thanks for your help,
   Kevin