[ESS] ESS unable to find R on Linux when emacs started by opening a .R file

Gavin Simpson uc|@g|@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 16 20:55:22 CEST 2015

Hi Rodney,

Sorry I missed this yesterday; m filters didn't capture the older address
format for the ESS list that your reply was sent to.

I believe you have identified the correct source of the problem; I've filed
a bug against emacs in the Fedora bugzilla but I suspect that will get
bumped to the gnome-shell or something if the issue is related to to the
packaging of emacs but the way the GUI invokes emacs. I haven't heard
anything back as yet.

I've fixed this by adding the correct paths to my exec-path in .emacs.

Cheers

Gavin

--
Gavin Simpson, PhD