[ESS] Mac OSX 10.10.1 Yosemite can't find R

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:07:15 CET 2015

This system

Student in my office now showing me Emacs with ESS (From Vincent Goulet's
website) and when we open an R file, all seems well.

Hit the big blue R
Searching for program: No such file or directory, R

Preliminary googling indicates Yosemite has done something to change the
PATH or the way R is in the PATH (or not).

If you are a Mac user, can you please tell me the most direct/safest/best
way to deal with this.  So far, I see suggestion to set PATH in ~/.bashrc
or to fiddle about in the Emacs init.el file.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science      Assoc. Director