[ESS] remote R

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Dec 15 12:55:34 CET 2015

Hi,

[ ... ]

>  > (b) large regions
>
>  > The whole thing works better if I use screen instead of tmux.  But there
>  > I have issues when submitting larger regions, where R would suddenly
>  > complains about 'unexpected symbol' while it accepts the code when I send
>  > in smaller chunks.
>
>  > Is there a solution to that?  (Other than the work around of not sending
>  > large regions....)
>
> Yeh. I have noticed these years ago and have no idea of why this is
> happening. It's something very low level (no ESS specific) which I
> couldn't debug or even find a reproducible example.

I just want to report that these problems seem to not occur when I use
`multi-term' as the terminal mode in emacs.  There, I seem to see 'Wuff
-- Wuff' some times when I sent larger amounts of code.  But that does
not seem to affect the sending of code.

Just for the info for other people with similar problems.

Regards,
Andreas