[ESS] Polymode

Vincent Goulet v|ncent@gou|et @end|ng |rom me@com
Sat Apr 4 17:39:51 CEST 2015

This is a nice opportunity for me to also express my perplexity as regards processing of .Rnw files with polymode.

I quickly included polymode (and enabled it by default) in my distributions as it is much better than plain noweb at activating the correct mode when editing a .Rnw file. I also like how example sections of R help files are treated like R chunks in .Rnw files. Nice work.

However, I haven't figured out yet how one is supposed to use polymode's facilities to weave a file. What's the difference between Sweave-ESS and Sweave? Why end up with a foo[weaved].tex file instead of foo.tex. Why is foo[weaved].tex empty?

I guess this is a shout out to Vitalie to explain to us the intended behaviour of the otherwise very nice polymode for the processing of .Rnw files.

v.