[ESS] R in Cygwin Emacs

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 19:57:06 CEST 2014

 >>> "Richard M. Heiberger" on Wed, 3 Sep 2014 12:03:59 -0400 wrote:

 > Seb, file ess/lisp/ess-compat.el checks for w32-short-file-name on
 > Xemacs and sets it if it is missing to either 'win32-short-file-name
 > or 'mswindows-short-file-name The message you quote is given when
 > none of those names exist.

 > If you can find the correct builtin function in cygwin emacs we can
 > add that, too.

I never used Cygwin but isn't the environment completely linux alike?
Why do we need to perform that check for win32-short-file-name or
mswindows-short-file-name?

Seb, you can always set `inferior-R-program-name` to the full path. Or
add R link to executable path, whatever that thing is on Cygwin.

  Vitalie