[ESS] ESS 14.09 File mode specification error

Georg Otto georg.otto at imm.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 18 15:16:37 CEST 2014

Thanks, Martin, for looking into this.

The result of the command

C-h f  called-interactively-p

is a help window opening saying:

called-interactively-p is a built-in function in `C source code'.

(called-interactively-p)

Return t if the function using this was called with `call-interactively'.
This is used for implementing advice and other function-modifying
features of Emacs.

The cleanest way to test whether your function was called with
`call-interactively' is by adding an extra optional argument,
and making the `interactive' spec specify non-nil unconditionally
for that argument.  (`p' is a good way to do this.)