[ESS] ESS default R not the newest (MS Windows)

Rmh rmh at temple.edu
Sat Nov 15 00:45:47 CET 2014

ess finds R versions on Windows by a totally different method than on Unix because historically R puts them in totally different places (plural).
unix intuition is not relevant.

see ess-site.el for details.
when R versions are installed anywhere than the default places, finding them is awful.

look at (symbol-function 'R)
and edit to what you need.

I will write more details later.

Rich