[ESS] ess-remote double echo

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Fri Mar 28 16:37:45 CET 2014

> * Ross Boylan <ebff at ovbfgng.hpfs.rqh> [2014-02-14 16:42:13 -0800]:
>
> I recently updated ESS from git (13.09-2 [git:
> a33a2f9e06185a225af7d72ea3896cfd260e455e]) and notice that ess-remote,
> in R mode, is echoing commands that I send with C-c C-n twice.  I don't
> think that used to be case, though I'm not sure.  I think this used to
> happen if I was in shell model and never executed ess-remote, with the 2
> lines of options it sets.  But this is happening even after I do
> ess-remote.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of the clutter?
>
>> options(pager='cat')
> options(pager='cat')
>> options(STERM='iESS', str.dendrogram.last="'", editor='emacsclient',
>> show.error.locations=TRUE)
> options(STERM='iESS', str.dendrogram.last="'", editor='emacsclient', show.error.locations=TRUE)
>>     source("dbox-common.R")
>     source("dbox-common.R")

I observe the same behavior with emacs/term/screen/ess as described in
http://stackoverflow.com/a/22703777/850781
Setting comint-process-echoes to t does not help even after I tell
inferior-ess-input-sender to ignore it.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1265
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://truepeace.org http://islamexposedonline.com