[ESS] setting environment variables before starting R

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 27 21:47:38 CET 2014

On 3/27/2014 1:22 PM, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
> Yes, process-environment is one way tot go but it will affect all the
> processes spanned by Emacs. If you want only for R then Sys.setenv from
> .Rprofile should do what you want.
>
>     Vitalie
I have seen some comments that Sys.setenv may be too late to affect the
library paths R uses (I mean paths in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH sense, not the
R sense) and it's certainly too late for PATH to affect which R gets
run.  Do I need PATH set when I launch emacs to affect ESS's choice of R
binaries?

Ross