[ESS] Integration of pandoc using polymode+knitr

Yihui Xie xieyihui at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:10:17 CET 2014

Hi Stephen,

If the assumption is that the users are comfortable with what R
Markdown can do, yes. knitr::pandoc() is only a simple command-line
wrapper for Pandoc, and rmarkdown::render() does much more than that
(e.g. YAML metadata, default templates, ...).

If the users prefer lower-level control, they can of course still use
knitr::knit(), then knitr::pandoc().

Regards,
Yihui
--