[ESS] debug: automatically step into functions

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Mar 14 23:49:06 CET 2014

Hi all,

lets say I debug function a() which calls function b() and I want to
step into b() during the debugging session.

In this situation I can flag b() for debugging also during the active
debugging session, which is great.  But if I want to follow control into
some deeply nested function, that becomes cumbersome - despite all the
support by ess (ess-debug-flag-for-debugging, ...)

So, my question is:  Is there even more support by ess?  The most
straight forward support IMO would be a key-stroke to sth like
ess-debug-command-next-and-step-into that would automatically flag b()
for debugging before executing ess-debug-command-next (and also undebug
it automatically again).

Is that possible (or even already implemented)?

Regards,
Andreas