[ESS] BUG: package-index conflicts with devtools

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:45:26 CEST 2014

 >>> Andreas Leha on Wed, 23 Jul 2014 01:33:59 +0100 wrote:

 > Hi Vitalie,
 > Thanks for looking into this and sorry for the long silence.

 > Where am I supposed to do C-c ` ?  I am doing this in the *help[R]*
 > buffer and get a 'C-c ` is undefined'

No, C-c ` is bound to ess-show-traceback in script and process buffers.

 > Could you please advise me further on what you want me to do?

Just look at the traceback() and investigate where the error
occurred. It's most likely on devtools side. It's quite intrusive.

As I cannot reproduce you will have to debug it yourself. Please edebug
ess--action-help-on-object. Go to ess-help.el, find
ess--action-help-on-object and C-M-x to edebug. Then repeat your index
problem. Step through till you figure it out.

Vitalie