[ESS] "nothing explicitly assigned" in ess-devel

Peter Meilstrup peter.meilstrup at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 10:11:04 CET 2014

I have a problem somewhat similar to what Andreas posted. I have
definitions that look like

m <- macro(function(...) {
  body
})

where 'macro' is a wrapper that puts some special argument evaluation
around a function. Ess-devel is enabled and my package is added to the
active packages.

When I do C-c C-c, it picks up the beginning and end of the paragraph,
and asks me where to evaluate. I select my package to evaluate in,
then it goes and evaluates, then comes back with a message "***nothing
explicitly assigned ***". And 'm' is not changed.

I don't see how that makes any sense, because (if you were looking at
the results of evaluation) then you would see that 'm' was assigned.

Peter