[ESS] ESS question

Michael Wolf michael.wolf at econ.uzh.ch
Wed Feb 12 12:28:42 CET 2014

Hi Enrico,

Thanks a bunch, this solved my problem!

I got the same behavior indeed when starting R in a shell, be it an X11 shell or a Terminal shell in Mac OS X.
(Though I got the English behavior when starting R as a Mac application, which is very strange, at least to me.)

Using Sys.setenv(LANGUAGE = “en”) has R speaking to me entirely in English now.

Cheers,
Michael