[ESS] Multi-line commands and comint-previous-prompt (from the menu Backward Output Group)

Manuel Morales mmorales at williams.edu
Sat Dec 13 14:05:27 CET 2014

Hi Vitalie,

Thank you but the issue for me is that M-p only retrieves commands that
have been entered from the R process. My workflow involves entering
commands from a script and the R process buffer and I'd like to retrieve
commands from either form of entry.

Is there a command that would put me to the end of the input expression
excluding the "readout" in the case of using comint-previous-input
before using C-ret?

Finally M-p doesn't seem to retrieve the whole entry, only the last part
of the expression in the example I posted.

Thanks!