[ESS] stepping through code with C-c C-c

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Dec 4 15:37:25 CET 2014

Hi all,

I quite like the possibility to 'step' through my code using C-c C-c
(ess-eval-region-or-function-or-paragraph-and-step).  Sometimes that
fails due to not recognizing the structure correctly.

Most annoyingly, it does not recognize the *end* of a function.

So, as an example, I am not able to evaluate the following using just a
series of (two) C-c C-c.

myfunc <- function(a, b)
{
  c <- a + b

}
myfunc(1,2)

Could that be improved on?

( I am aware that I can fix that by adding new lines, but some of
  my code is actually put together using org-mode's noweb syntax
  <<block_1>>
  <<block_2>>
  and that would require me to put newlines between these noweb
  references or start every block with an empty
  line -- just in case.  This looks strange and I will forget to
  do so all the time.... )

Thanks,
Andreas