[ESS] non-exported functions, can ESS make usage more convenient?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 19:27:08 CEST 2014

 >>> Paul Johnson on Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:10:16 -0500 wrote:

[...]

 > Is this the kind of thing that ESS developer mode is designed to help?

It seems to me that both your user cases are handled straightforwardly
by ess-developer but I have hard time understanding the description of
your user pattern.

If you are working on a package code and package is in the list of
developed packages (C-c C-t C-a) then developer mode is active by
default and your code is automatically redirected into the package
namespace.

For third-party packages, add a package to the list (C-c C-t C-a) and
toggle the developer before evaluating that function (C-c C-t C-t).

It's pretty straightforward process. What exactly is not clear in the
documentation?

There is also C-c C-t l which uses load-all from devtools to load your
code.

  Vitalie