[ESS] ESS Hangs: Text is read-only

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Thu Apr 3 04:47:45 CEST 2014

Dear Vitalie,

Sorry for the mess. I was indeed using ESS from MELPA, exactly the version:

     Version: 20140304.2344

(which claims to be 13.09-2 in the variable 'ess-version')

I thought I was up to date, but I missed a few days (exactly 22 days). I
now updated to the most recent one, i.e.:

     Version: 20140326.1435

and all links in the vignette buffer (Pdf, Rnw, R) now work as expected!
This is really nice.

Now, as to .ess_vignetes introduced back in January, I can only say that it
was not present in v. 20140304.2344 on my computer.

Mathieu.